The Government has announced a new grant for SMEs to pay towards practical support, including training and professional advice, to help them to continue trading with the EU, especially from April and July as new regulations become obligatory. The SME Brexit Support Fund could give you up to £2,000 per company.
Your business must:
- be established in the UK
- have been established in the UK for at least 12 months before submitting the application, or currently hold Authorised Economic Operator status
- not have previously failed to meet its tax or customs obligations
- have no more than 500 employees
- have no more than £100 million turnover
- import or export goods between Great Britain and the EU, or moves goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Applications will open next month. Further details can be found on the gov.uk website here. The page will be update when applications are open.